Each volunteer Facilitator is trained by Rainbows to facilitate small peer group meetings at an agency, synagogue, hospital, church or school. Site Administrators are responsible for recruiting trustworthy persons that are sensitive to the needs of others, with the ability to be a good listener.
The Facilitator shall:
* Be 21 years of age or older.
* Attend: (Instructed by an accredited Rainbows Registered Director)
- Facilitator Training
- Participate in (12) weekly Facilitator Formation Meetings, led by Site Coordinator
- Facilitate (12) weekly Small Group Meetings OR 6 sessions of Silver Linings Program
- Share in the planning of and facilitate group sessions of Celebrate Me
* Ensure accurate completion of pre/ post-session participant evaluations, return all complete evaluations to Coordinator.
* Provide resource and referral information (in consultation with their Site Coordinator} to anyone needing further assistance, such as counselling or therapy.
* Maintain participant confidentiality at all times, in line with mandatory reporting laws.
* Nurture and support members of the small group.
* Follow all Facilitator procedure guidelines as outlined in the Facilitator Component Module.
Please note: If a volunteer is recently divorced, separated, widowed, or has experienced any other painful loss, it is advisable for them to wait at least two years before working directly with the participants.